Friday 11 August 2017

My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella

Demeter may be the boss at her work but no one likes her and they all moan about her behind her back. When she makes Cat dye her hair and doesn't have the courtesy to listen to her ideas for company projects.

Then Alex turns up, a client for adult toys like drones and enlists Cat's help as Demeter is stuck with hair dye all over her. As Cat find's out what a big deal his family is in business, she can't believe he's interested in meeting up with her.

However, she uncovers Demeter and Alex previously were together whilst she gets sacked by her as well resulting in her reluctantly going home to help her dad and step mum run their glamping business as it begins to flourish.

Then Demeter turns up there on holiday... let the revenge commence!

She comes to realize Demeter's life isn't perfect and her image on Instagram changes to the title in honor of Cat's life now with that new perspective.

I really like Sophie's books and own all of them but this one isn't my favourite unfortunately as I found myself waning in concentration throughout reading it as it wasn't as gripping as her previous novel's. I think it is just me not really able to immerse myself into the story enough and still did enjoy the more dramatic parts of the book.

It won't make me not read her future books in any way and I still love her work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...