Saturday 18 August 2018

Soft Thorns by Bridgett Devoue

Bridgett is an amazing girl I followed on instagram many years ago when I found her beautiful poetry on there. With moving poetry about an array of topics from beauty, life, love, pain, eating disorders, abuse, depression and more. They're all serious but moving and beautifully written poetry worthy of a read by anyone whom has been affected recently or in the past by any of the discussed topics. She perfectly captures imagery of a romantic relationship and all the up and down sides of it you can go through.

I never knew that Bridgette suffered with chronic pain, as do I and found myself relating to her voice so much in certain poems for sure.

Many thanks to the publishers for allowing me to review this book for them!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...