Wednesday 26 June 2019

I Heart Hawaii I Heart Book 8 by Lindsey Kelk

Wow what a series and journey these books have now been! In this supposed finale to the series though again I hope not, we find Angela in her new job under Cici at her new company only leaving baby Alice with Alex so she can get back into her old life with a job.

However after Jenny offers her a trip to Hawaii, Alex has an accident and the MOB/mothers of Brooklyn group, a baby parent meet up exclusive elite group push Angela to join after they find out Alex is her husband she finds herself feeling weighed down and leaving it all for Hawaii isn't easy but at least she gets to have some fun, she thinks at first...

After many activities whilst away she comes to realise she's glad to return home but the Mascara press trip does lead her and Jenny to have a heart to heart about IVF and the struggle to get pregnant, there's also a book to be written by Angela if she can as the MOBS get it arranged for her and friendship drama with Jenny after a video being made public...

This one to me had less drama at the beginning and the Hawaii trip started off quite tame and I wasn't feeling it but it did pick up as it is Angela and her zany crew of friends with the best drama coming at the end of their trip. I'm always one to enjoy the more heart to heart moments of books not the drink parts! I loved the twist about the book Angela writes and it's title, that was super clever and full circle and does wrap up like the series is actually definitely now over, though I do hope for more novellas at least, maybe?.. A girl can dream!

Many thanks to the publishers for allowing me to review this book for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...