Thursday 27 February 2020

Split by Muhammad Khan

Salma wants to be an actress more than anything more than her communities judgmental eyes and her hard working mother's wishes

Salma has a huge audition to possibly get to play Cinderella only after things go wrong a ripped dress and a non binary fairy godmother in the form of Billie later can she finally get her chance to be her full non split in two self and get closer to her dream?

I really enjoyed this book as Salma is feisty and doesn't give up on her dream despite fearing judgement. She was a fabulous character and the LGBTQIA rep was the best I've read in any book as well as the tone of language I really felt the terror Salma must have felt when the gangster lads were about. The aspect of a modern Cinderella and a Pakistani one was a modern twist and I wish we could really see the play happen, I just wish this was a full length novel it was so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...