Friday 3 April 2020

Potted by Annette Goliti Gutierrez & Mary Gray

This book drew me in originally because of the flower image on the cover as well as the subject overall as our house loves plants, flowers etc.

The writing is laid out in paragraphs and columns with large images to view and steps to follow. It utilizes space in the garden by introducing the idea of planters built into the wall not just plain designing pots.

The book is definitely for older readers as the use of saws and drills are required for a lot of the projects. Though there are some more simple plain to amazing design ideas for standard terracotta pots, family can pitch in and help there with supervision I'm sure.

Overall it was an interesting read and I with be trying these ideas with my mum in the future. I was intrigued to find out too that the authors owned between them a Pot shop and it's a unique idea because we can only ever find our pots we need in retail shops that are well known and obviously mass produced too.

Many thanks to the publishers for allowing me a copy to review!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...