Thursday 11 May 2017

The Haters by Jesse Andrews

At a jazz camp, two friends, Wes and Corey meet Ash, a different girl who's billionaire father funds the trio via credit card usage to go on their 'The Haters Summer Of Hate' tour in Ash's van.

They believe touring around will get them heard and sounding better than any summer camp would ever achieve for them all.

The name being The Haters for the band is simply caused by them enjoying music types to a certain degree because they hate it so much. It's so awful, it's good kind of feelings.

Through their touring they make many friends, perform in restaurants and other small areas to get heard before finally their parents track them down which we only hear from them at the end which I thought as they'd be missing from camp and not home, police would have found them sooner surely?

Overall it didn't thrill me, many jokes fell flat for me, I don't like boys typical humour though that's alike many girls and I found the story to have a lagging beginning that I ended up skipping through to get to the more adventurous parts of the book and despite it picking up in certain areas with some drama, it failed to make me love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...