Sunday 8 July 2018

The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert

Trying this fairytale inspired book has been a new thing for me as I struggle with reading fantasy fiction a lot. However, I was impressed with this book as we follow Alice and her mum Ella after her grandma has died whom was a fantasy author who lived in the Hazel Wood.

Only as she makes friends with fan Ellery she discovers that all is not as it seems as they try to track down a copy of her grandma's book, she finds herself discovering the world is not as she though at all as she finds herself in the fairy tale world for real...

A suspenseful book with many twists I didn't see coming so the mystery intrigued me whilst the fantasy side of things lost me. It was enjoyable and very much a good read it just didn't thrill me as much as I hoped it would do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...