Saturday 12 January 2019

How To Train Your Cactus by Tonwen Jones

I was inspired by my local botanical garden's cactus house to get a succulent myself to grow and keep at home. Months later at the end of last summer, I acquired a small succulent which is still with me and healthy to this day!

However I do wish I had this book back then as I would've saved hours researching how to care for it properly!

From discussing types of them available, tools you will need from a simple trowel and pot to gravel, guide to growing from seeds and how to train certain types of succulents to thrive daily.

Each plant type has a simple page of typed instructions on care and upkeep while the second page of the double page layout features a colourful illustration of what the chosen cacti/succulent looks like so you know what to expect it to grow like.

The cover is a simple green with a colourful cactus on the cover centred to stand out for the subject alike the title anyway. The guide is clear and concise for all ages to be able to follow easily and learn from.

Many thanks to the publishers for allowing me to review this book for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...