Saturday 31 August 2019

Women In Sports by Rachel Ignotofsky

When I saw this book I was so super happy. As a girl, I've actually always preferred male sports and been parts of Cricket, Golf, Football, Badminton and now weight lifting groups as well.

We often get judged for it and unfairly so and a book about women doing great in sports is just what is needed in society to be celebrated more.

The book goes through a timeline of history as well as including a wide range of sports. It talks of the challenges the women faced and some consequences were even death in past times!

This book would be brilliant for schools, in modern day we need women and young girls to not give up on sports and think its for boys and it's a subject I am passionate about greatly. An empowering and inspiring book with many modern athletes we know doing great today from Serena Williams to Simone Biles and Nicola Adams.

Thanks to the publishers for allowing me a copy to review!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...