Thursday 28 November 2019

I Hope My Voice Doesn't Skip by Alicia Cook

As a new poet to me, I really enjoyed this collection of work. I knew basics around the themes including mental health, death, beauty, acceptance, love and more.

The layout, part as poetry, black and white then switching to vinyl format of a tracklist followed by more emotional song lyrics.

For me, these subjects are relatable and drew me more into the power of Alicia's poetry. They start off as basic observations that become a mostly saddening reality which bred these beautiful, moving poems.

Each situation was imaginable and immersed me into a world through the art of Alicia's words, truly moving, captivating and inspiring.

Many thanks to the publishers for allowing me to review this book for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...