Thursday 9 February 2017

Angel Dust by Sarah Mussi


I have had this book on my wishlist for so long when I randomly found this novel in my local Poundshop with its gorgeously dark angel cover, I picked it up and was super happy.

Upon reading the whole book, I did enjoy it but as I always find with most fantasy novels, I can't ever a hundred percent feel engaged with the story.

With this book, we join Serafina who is an angel sent to collect the souls of the dying and can for see the events occurring. Upon going to earth to collect one soul in particular, from a young gangsta character called Marcus, its a classic case of love at first sight. Though we don't quite know what she sees in him fully. Serafina can't let Marcus die and so takes out a contract with Larry the devil which is unknown to her at first, to keep Marcus alive to allow her time to try to save his soul.

After seeing Marcus tempted by crime again after a threat to his family's safety Serafina fall from heaven to hell and finally to Earth in an attempt to become human and show Marcus love is more powerful in a last attempt to get him to repent his ways and send his soul to heaven.

Overall this novel focusses on the lessons of love and loss, how both can effect us and how our lives can change from having and giving it. It was a good read but the once was enough for me as often is with books of the fantasy genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...