Tuesday 14 February 2017

My Life As A Bench by Jaq Hazell

The title of the book made me wonder just how this book was going to be. It was amazing in my opinion! A totally different and wild out there title that viewing now I realise combines life and death in one.

When someone passes away often a bench is left dedicated to them in a certain place, people living will still us the bench. That happens in the book certainly, just with our main character Lauren or best referred to as Ren being a soul like presence at her bench dedicated to her from her family after she has died.
Ren moves from Devon to find her dad in London after her boyfriend has moved on from her and Ren sees a video of him together with another girl. Upon finding her dad, she enters his life and is eventually accepted into his family now with a young daughter and step-mum for Ren to get to know.
Ren settles into school well with a group of friends and catches the eye of a boy called Gabe, she and Gabe become close but watch out when you read for her friends reactions to the drama that ensues.
I don't want to spoil the book, but a terrible incident occurs and a wrongly placed blame means Ren must break through to someone living to get the wrongly accused set free again.

This book is a stunner in my opinion and is definitely one that will always remain in my top ten easily! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...