Monday 6 February 2017

Tape By Steven Camden

I was looking forward to reading this and even though the story wasn't as I expected how I'd imagined, I did really enjoy the twists and turns the two interwoven characters ensued through.

The story is set two decades apart with Ryan in 1993 and Ameliah in 2013. Ameliah finds a set of cassette tapes in her Nan's house where she lives now her mum has passed away.
On the tapes she hears a voice and discovers the person talking knew her mum and now Ameliah wants answers as to who this person is who knew her mum so much.
Ryan in 1993, starts talking into his tape recorder after having to adapt and put up with a new stepmum and a stepbrother joining his family. He copes by making mix tapes of his favourite songs as well. Then he meets a girl and his life changes...

I'm not going to spoil the story, its extremely well written and a great story in the style that we are exploring two lives and what has happened in the twenty years between them.

I would recommend you read this boy or girl and share it with your friends too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...