Monday 6 February 2017

Bliss By Shay Mitchell & Michaela Blaney

This book is more adult fiction I believe so please bare that in mind!

I was hoping for a more juicy, twisted plot but was let down.
This story I found unfortunately predictable and over done before.

The main characters, Demi, Leandra and Sophia are a privileged, party girl trio looking for a good time with an enforcement on trying to each find their Bliss.

In parts the book made me laugh and yet in others it made me cringe too as the girls hooked up with guys and yet they also made me angry strangely as I wanted them to make wiser choices and care for themselves better and not settling for being 'kept by a guy' and sponging off him and his success as a certain character repeatedly does. To me I personally feel that over steps the mark as Shay has a younger following due to Pretty Little Liars, if I was say fifteen and picked up this book, I would feel like I needed a guy to feel happy and secure when modern day we women van achieve success ourselves.

Overall it was a feeble attempt at what with more work could've been a stunning, sparkling celebrity debut novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Destinations Of A Lifetime by Claudia Martin

In this book packed with stunning photography my stand out faves were the blue lagoon, ice caves and northern luights in Iceland as well as...